Ventilation Assessment & Strategy Service
SARS-CoV-2 Ventilation Assessment & Strategy Service
SARS-CoV2 Ventilation Strategy Assessment Service
Following the publication of the ‘Return to Work Safely Protocol, COVID-19 Specific National Protocol for Employers and Workers’, as issued by the Government of Ireland, EAM Group completed a review of the protocol from the perspective of how the management of assets and engineering knowledge could be better utilised to control or prevent the spread of the virus.
EAM Group have incorporated the latest research from the UK Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers and the European Federation of European Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Association in how best to assess, prepare and implement a Ventilation Strategy for your business premises, educational facilities, food processing plant, food preparation premises, pubs, restaurants and coffee shop (‘Occupied Environment’).
It is our recommendation that all these Occupied Environments must have a documented Ventilation Strategy. Where full compliance for face coverings is not possible or practical, then additional considerations and assessments are required to address the risks associated with aerosol transmission.
Our Ventilation Strategy Service includes the following:
- Individual room assessment in terms of usage, layout, occupancy, and current means of ventilation.
- Direct measurement of current CO2 levels to indicate ventilation effectiveness.
- Review of all input sources, extraction, heat recovery and recirculation units.
- Identification of potential high-risk recirculation units and high risk areas.
- Review of available maintenance records especially with regards to filter specification, changeout frequency and UV lamp replacement.
- Comparison of actual air changes versus usage recommendation using direct measurement for all high occupancy rooms.
- Production of a comprehensive report detailing individual room assessments, appraisal of current maintenance regime and recommendations to allow you implement a safe Ventilation Strategy to keep your business operating safely and protecting you and your employees, students, customers and guests.
Provide companies with a structured review of their service requirements, their organisational structure, the inhouse and outsourced expertise, and tools utilised to provide the service. EAM will provide a structured means of achieving your company goals by use of lean management tools and principles, guidance on people management, employee empowerment and development, business continuity planning, to increase efficiencies and creating value for the customer making the company more productive. EAM aims to create and implement mature processes based on actual customer’s demand. Continuous improvement is a major part of lean management, ensuring that every employee is involved in the process of improving.
Project Management / Commissioning
- The assessment may identify some spaces which, due to their poor design, may be accessed as non-habitable without direct intervention.
- The assessment may identify some spaces that require alterations to existing layouts to minimise risk to occupants from breathing potentially contaminated or recirculated air.
If you require further information on services offered by EAM Group, please contact us.